Funding the Future
We believe that the future of funding fair, unbiased and impactful research is through crowd funding. This hypothesis is based on the following reality:
- Funding by corporations results in bias towards the goals of the corporations.
- Funding by governments results in bias towards the goals of the current governing bodies.
We see crowdfunding as a viable and strong source of income for future research, especially for research done by students and young scientists.
- Establishing a crowdfunding website & platform that is easy to use and effective at marketing projects.
- Finding promising projects to sponsor through our platform.
- Analyzing the interest in funding, evaluate the outcome of our approach.
- Assisting the selected projects in not only their funding, but also in their science communication through our website platform.
Here you can find our platform: www.crowd.ja.tum.de
- Altan Birler
- Karlis Blums
- Alexander Karollus
- Jan Kochanowski
- Dominik Schindler
- Tobias Spöttl
- Stephanie Stockert
- Bruno Villela Pedras Lago
- Maximilian Wagner
- Sarah Braun
- Panagiotis Christou
- Prof. Dr. Sonja Berensmeier