Please use our online form for uploading your application documents!
End of June 2019, the application process for the year 2020 began.
The academy is open to all TUM students who are nominated by the Deans or Deans of Studies of their faculties and/or who submit an application including a recommendation by one of the professors of the Technical University of Munich.
Since 2017 students of HFF (Hochschule für Fernsehen und Film), ADBK (Akademie der Bildenden Künste) and HMTM (Hochschule für Musik und Theater München) are also invited to apply for TUM: Junge Akademie.
The eligibility criteria for the programme are that a student
- is enrolled at TUM, ADBK, HFF or HMTM
- is one of the outstanding students of his/her semester
- is eager to develop themselves
- is highly interested in science and research
- will not be compromised in his/her performance by the membership
Apart from the achievements during the course of studies, other important scholarship criteria are creativity, community involvement and willingness to take over responsibility.
Applications should include the following documents: (in English)
- a letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- a perception regarding the call (essay 2-3 pages) or a video (max. 3 minutes) produced by yourself
- a CV
- an overview of academic achievements, including marks (official document / TUM grades)
- for unsolicited applications: a letter of recommendation by a member of the professorate
- In your letter of motivation, please let us know why a membership in the TUM: Junge Akademie seems attractive to you, what you expect from your time as a member of the TUM: Junge Akademie and how you would like to be involved. Please try to elucidate this on up to two pages.
- In the selection process, your essay will help us to learn more about your ideas and concerns. The essay can (and should) include a vision, demonstrate creativity and we are looking forward being surprised by you.
The call for the year 2020 is: Technology and Arts
The application documents can be uploaded by using the WIKI-Form.
Please note: The application deadline for all students is Sunday, September 15th, 2019
- Fri/Sat, October 25 & 26 2019 - Selection days
- Fri/Sat/Sun, November 22-24 2019 - Kick-Off Weekend at Vollmar-Akademie in Kochel am See