We train our members to act as open minded, responsible and reflective individuals, who provide constructive impulses to society by applying their intellectual potential.
- We challenge our members to start and engage in ambitious and socially relevant projects and initiatives.
- We empower our members' personal development by offering workshops, interdisciplinary exchange and cultural activities.
- We connect our members with a boundary-spanning network of faculty members, excellent practitioners and talented students.
- We encourage creative freedom, unconventional ideas, analytical thinking and the consideration of scientific insights.
The 20-month scholarship program of the TUM: Junge Akademie aims to awaken students’ enthusiasm for research and science at a young age and allows them to make early experiences in the field of science and project management.
Curiosity and a sense of responsibility are the academy's key characteristics. We expect members to be driven by a desire to discover and to explore new grounds. Curiosity inspires talents and serves as a prerequisite for social progress. Here, our members learn to take over responsibility by considering questions such as: What influence will my research have on society? What will I be able to contribute in a future position of social responsibility?
In course of the scholarship a project of choice is developed by the different teams, which is in line with the project theme of the current year. As a supporting factor the members are guided by mentors and tutors throughout the entire process. The first 6 months are defined by the high scientific claim that is demanded of the projects and is the foundation for the further realization of the project.
From the year 2017/II on, the scholarship holders come together to seven seminars which last two to three days to further develop their projects.
Start into the new Year, team building, topic identification
- FutureLab I
Research, development of hypotheses, finding methods
- Workshop Intermediate Evaluation I
Presentation of scientific results, project management
- Workshop Intermediate Evaluation II
Status quo of practice project
- FutureLab II
Change management and sustainability
- Workshop Intermediate Evaluation III
science communication and reporting: yearbook
- PAWE - Project completion event
Conclusion, feedback & evaluation, certificate delivery