The effect of media bias on the human behavior
The group focuses on bias. They are part of everyday life and necessary to simplify daily tasks but sometimes they can also lead us into wrong directions. That’s where we want to put an eye on.
Specifically, we are interested in bias in the digital world.
- How are we effected in our behaviour or opinions by factors we are not aware of?
- How drastically does our behaviour change? Up to which extent is our election effected and therefore our democracy?
- What happens if we are made aware of the specific biases we get influenced by – for example by comparing Google search results of different profile?
- Do we change our behaviour?
- What we looked at was the power Google and Facebook have on personal and popular opinions with their news feed, recommended videos and search results?
There are already voices warning of the great amount of power these companies are accumulating and the way this could significantly weaken our democracy.
- Marina Able
- Julian Albers
- Anna-Lena Fackler
- Daniel Hernández
- Kyra Kleine
- Tilman Knopp
- Mohammad Youssef Mahfouz
- Sebastian Mair
- Rishith Ellath Meethal
- Janna Nikonov
- Lea Sophie Seier
- Nicola Stadler
- Julian Trummer
- Thomas Bickel Haase
- Michael Vetter
- Dr. Hannes Petermeier
- Prof. em. Dr. Jürgen Scheurle