On Monday, May 13th of 2019, TUM: Junge Akademie and TUM Graduate School cordially invite you to an exciting panel debate at Campus Garching.
Doing a doctorate is usually a common requirement if you wish to pursue a career in academia and obtain in-depth knowledge in a specific research field. However, the vast majority of TUM’s graduates are not heading for a career in academia but are looking for other career options in industry, government, the media, entrepreneurship etc. With the ever-changing global job market and industry requirements, is it worth to embark on a 3-5 years journey to obtain a doctoral title in any case? Will I really get a better paid leadership position with a doctoral degree in the long-run or would I’ve gotten the same position based on e.g. longer practical work experience? There are plenty of different career options – for some a doctoral degree might be useful, for others a doctoral degree might be unnecessary.
Our discussants are leading scientists who have gathered vast international experience both academically and personally throughout their careers:
- Dr. Felix Braun, TUM alumni of TUM mechanical engineering (Dr.-Ing.) and TUMJA alumni (Year 2011), Corporate Development at Lilium GmbH (confirmed)
- Prof. Dr. Marco Caccamo, Institute for Cyber-Physical Systems in Production Engineering, TUM (requested)
- Dr. Roxana Codita, TUM alumni of TUM School of Management (Dr. rer. pol.), Product/ Portfolio Strategy at AUDI AG (confirmed)
- Prof. Dr.-Klaus Diepold, Chair for Data Processing, TUM (confirmed)
- Dr. Sylvia Kessler, TUM Chair of Material Science and Testing (MST) (confirmed)
The event will take place in an informal setting on 13.05.2019, 7:00 pm at TUM MSE building (Lichtenbergstraße 4a / Raum 0001.ZEI) in Garching. Snacks and drinks will be provided. (Places are limited.)
Please register until Wednesday, May 8th 2019 using the plattform
You will have to log in using your TUM Kennung and your individual password.