Digitization is developing at a breathtaking speed, which effects also the academic life at universities. Universities and their employees in research and teaching are feeling the effects of this transformation. Also, the educational system is confronted with the task of preparing students for the demands of the world of work in science and industry.
As part of the "Alumni to Newbies" series, we, the TUM Graduate School and the TUM: Junge Akademie as organizers, are tackling this cutting-edge topic and, among other things, talking to our panel guests about these questions:
- How does work teaching in the age of digitization and which strategies can students and lecturers as well as researchers keep up with the rapid development of technology?
- What impact will digitization have on teaching and research in the future - at the TUM, in Germany, and the international environment?
- Will digital teaching replace the classic teaching approach in the lecture theater?
- Which skills are essential in a digital world?
- Which skills should young scientists have?
- What are the limits, risks, and challenges for all of us?
Our guest on the podium are:
- Dr. Matthias Baume, TUM ProLehre, project leader “remote tests” (confirmed)
- Prof. Dr. Darius Burschka, Professorship for Robotics and Embedded Systems at the TUM Department of Informatics (confirmed)
- Prof. Dr. sc. tech. Gerhard Kramer, Senior Vice President Research and Head of the Chair for Communications Engineering at the TUM Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (confirmed)
- Prof. Dr. M. Audrey Korsgaard, professor of management and organizational behavior, Darla Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina (confirmed)
- Prof. Dr. Isabell Welpe Head of the Chair for Strategy and Organization at the TUM School of Management (confirmed)
The moderators of the panel are Janna Nikonov and Sebastian Leicher, both alumni of the scholarship program TUM: Junge Akademie.
DATE: Thursday, November 28th, 2019 / 6.30 – 8.00 pm
LOCATION:TUM Campus Garching, IAS Institute for Advanced Studies, Lichtenbergstraße 2a, 85748 Garching bei München
Join our guests in this exciting topic, meet outstanding researchers and experience a great evening in the Faculty Club of the IAS of the TUM.
We look forward to you.
Registration is requested by mail to email@example.com until Wednesday, November 27, 2019, with reference: "A2N Digitalization - 28.11. - I want to participate! "